Event Category: Education
An intense 4 hour cannabis training for dispensary jobs in Illinois , with certification test, to prepare you to work in a Medical Marijuana Dispensary and keep you updated on Illinois medical marijuana laws.
Class held at 1:30PM, September 21st, 2019
$249 Advance Purchase or $300 Cash at Door (if seats available)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago O’Hare Rosemont
5500 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
This is a Professional Training Course to teach you what you need to know about cannabis and your state’s Cannabis Laws so that you can apply to work in a Medical Marijuana Dispensary. You will be working with cardholders in this position and must understand the medication before you start assisting others. The material is presented in a fast paced, 4 hour course with a summary exam at the end to get your certificate of completion. The goal of this class to help you understand the industry and the medication which will help boost your resume with the knowledge you need to speak intelligently when you land that interview for an opening at a dispensary in the near future.
For those with no legal experience to put on a resume, training increases your chances of getting a job in the medical marijuana industry! On average, a Marijuana business owner gets over 200 resumes for every opening they post. With this training on your resume – you WILL stand out from the crowd!
How will this course help you get a job in a Medical Marijuana Dispensary?
1) We offer a resume review, to get your resume looking exactly how cannabis business owners like it
2) Training on your resume will get you noticed when you apply to a dispensary and lead to more interviews
3) The knowledge you learn in class allows you to speak intelligently and speak to points the dispensary managers want to hear, giving you a much greater chance of landing the job.
4) When HempStaff clients come to us looking for Budtenders, our trained students, that live in their area, will have their resumes sent to the client first.
Sales of medical marijuana began at licensed dispensaries on Nov. 9, 2015, and the Illinois Medical Marijuana Program is moving ahead at full force. They have one of the most robust condition list in the nation The state’s medical cannabis program improved in 2017, when it was extended until at least July 2020, and both PTSD and terminal illness were added as qualifying medical conditions. Currently there are over 50 dispensaries operating state wide in Illinois.
Some states call it a Budtender, Dispensary Agent, Compassion Care Technician or Patient Liaison. No matter what the title is, the job description is the same – it is the person that works behind the counter of a medical marijuana dispensary and here at HempStaff, we believe they need to be trained. They are the product specialists whose main responsibility is to be a product specialist. This person must be trained to work with cardholders and help educate patients on how cannabis can alleviate some of their medical symptoms. Dispensary agents must be able to not only work with cardholders on the products that may work best but also how to use these products and what the appropriate dosages should be.
After passing the cannabis training for dispensary jobs in Illinois, HempStaff offers you a resume review to help you get your document looking the best that it can before you start sending it out for posted positions. And of course, when our recruiters are contracted to fill entry level dispensary agents or cultivation site workers, we review our student’s resumes and contact them first!
When Dispensary owners need to hire employees to work in their medical marijuana dispensaries, they know our certified students are exactly what they are looking for in terms of initial knowledge of the job functions! HempStaff, having held training in Illinois since early 2015, is known as the go to company for cannabis training for dispensary jobs in Illinois. We are the ONLY Dispensary Training Course that employs someone with 5+ years of legal cannabis experience as their head trainer! We know the value of having our students able to ask questions that only someone with this much experience can actually answer.
Please Note: You can NOT put ANY illegal experience on your resume for a job in the medical marijuana industry! Unless you have experience working in a dispensary, this training will be what you can put on your resume to let employers know you have the knowledge and ambition they are looking for when selecting candidates to interview. It shows you have the motivation to obtain professional training in the subject of medical marijuana and truly desire to be the best MMJ Dispensary Employee you can be!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS CANNABIS TRAINING FOR DISPENSARY JOBS IN ILLINOIS:
- Laws and what to expect in Marijuana Dispensaries
- How Medical Marijuana helps patients and the power of different cannabinoids and terpenes
- Medical Marijuana and the symptoms that it can minimize or alleviate
- All Medical Marijuana products that may be available and how to direct a patient to use them
- How to recommend the appropriate Medical Marijuana dosage
- How to greet new patients, interview them, understand their needs and recommend the most appropriate Medical Marijuana product and dosage to help them have a positive experience
- The Endo-cannabinoid system: Learn how this little known system in your body uses the cannabinoids to help alleviate ailments
- The main cannabinoids in cannabis (THC, CBD, CBN, etc) and what each can do for your patients
- The ailments/diseases medical cannabis can be recommended for and which cannabinoids / terpenes work best for symptoms associated with these diseases
- How to manage Point of Sale systems, Inventory Systems and Security in the Cannabis Industry
- A Day in the Life of a Dispensary Employee (Budtender)
- Our trainer, with years of experience working in a medical marijuana dispensary, will teach you what you need to know to be a knowledgeable, compassionate and professional Medical Marijuana Employee in this new exciting industry.
Our trainer is flown in from Colorado specifically to teach this class and has plenty of inside information on how this industry works! Learn from someone who has been working with medical marijuana for years! Since they work in the marijuana industry every day, they have the most current information and product knowledge. They have already gone through the growing pains of the Medical Marijuana program and start up in their home state, so you will learn what to expect from their first hand experience. This cannabis training for dispensary jobs in Illinois will also have a question and answer session as well, so bring all your questions regarding medical marijuana dispensaries!
At the end of the cannabis training for dispensary jobs in Illinois, you will be given a 20 question exam that you must pass with 75% in order to get your HempStaff Certification. There is no state approved certification for Dispensary Training in ANY state yet, as it is still Federally Illegal, but we believe training is essential in order to allow this industry to succeed and help our patients get the relief they need! When clients come to us with open positions for their dispensaries, or even when you apply on your own, the hiring manager can be assured you have had the proper training. We have heard from many dispensary owners that our Certified Students are amongst the most knowledgeable they have interviewed / hired and they will look for those candidates first in their pile of resumes.
We know that laws are constantly updated in the early months of the MMJ program. That’s why, once you take our professional training class, you are welcome to return to any future training session, based on availability, at no charge! The HempStaff Certification was created so that we can be sure that any candidate we send to our client for an interview is trained and qualified. In addition to any possible job openings through HempStaff, students are encouraged to list the HempStaff Certification and Training as education/professional training on their resume when applying for industry jobs on their own. Many of our students have used our network to search out their own opportunities and obtained jobs on their own, several dispensary owners have attended our classes as well – so we suggest business casual attire. There are many opportunities to explore once you are properly trained! Now is the time to get cannabis training for dispensary jobs in Illinois and get into this industry before it explodes nationally over the next couple years!
Scroll down to purchase a seat. Not ready to purchase a training seat yet? Register with HempStaff to be emailed about future training courses.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago O’Hare Rosemont
5500 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
MUST PURCHASE TICKET $249 Advance Purchase or $300 Cash at Door (if seats available)
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.