Event Category: Education
A virtual trivia event designed to dispel myths and clarify misconceptions about cannabis in Canada.
About this event
YCAP is pleased to invite you to join our newest free online webinar, titled “Canna-Facts: Myths, Facts & Misconceptions About Cannabis.”
Research about cannabis continues to evolve in Canada. As new information emerges, it is important to be able to differentiate between facts, myths, and misconceptions to avoid risks of cannabis-related harm, particularly for youth and new or first-time cannabis consumers.
“Canna-Facts” explores evidence and research through a series of trivia questions to confirm facts, dispel myths and clarify misunderstandings about cannabis in order to promote informed understanding and safe decision-making for youth in Canada.
Join us as we examine subjects such as:
– If cannabis is a natural plant, does this mean it’s risk-free?
– What laws in the cannabis act affect youth in Canada?
– What impacts does cannabis use have on athletics and academics?
– How may cannabis use affect mental health?
– What do Canadians need to know about cannabis-impaired driving?
– What is the difference between smoking joints, vaping and edible cannabis?
– What possible risks exist for both youth and adults (together or separately) when considering cannabis use?
– What harm reduction strategies can be considered to promote lower-risk cannabis use?
YCAP takes a harm reduction approach toward recreational cannabis use. YCAP does not make value judgments regarding recreational cannabis use, but rather seeks to minimize risks associated with cannabis use by providing the most accurate and unbiased information.
Date and time
Thu, 23 June 2022
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM EDT
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.